Tubing the Yampa River has begun! There is so much to do in Steamboat during the summer months but tubing down the river gets my vote for the most refreshing, relaxing and best way to get a tan! Tubing is a great way to enjoy these awesome summer days with friends and family and is an easy low cost, no cost (if you have tubes) way to be outside. It is a well-known fact that tubing the Yampa River is a favorite activity for both locals and visitors. The safest and most reliable way to tube the Yampa is to go through one of our local tubing companies. If you feel confident, though, you can try tubing by yourself with your own tube.
Local Tubing Companies:
Blue Sky West
Bucking Rainbow Outfitters
One Stop Ski Shop
– Dress appropriately and remember to drink tons of H2O, the sun and high altitude could sneak up on you.
– When the river is at a high water level you may want to consider wearing a life vest. Small children should wear a life vest at any water level.
– Wear shoes with straps and a simple swimsuit or clothing.
– Be aware of what you bring with you; you may tip over and loose gear. Respect other tubers, people walking along the core trail, and fishermen.
– Try to tube in small groups (about 5 – 10 people)
Have fun and respect the Yampa!
Just so you know: NO alcohol, NO glass & NO dogs allowed
Blogger, Paulette Thomas, Chamber Staff Member